The Blenio storage power plant went into operation between 1959 and 1963. The power plant consists of the Luzzone, Olivone and Biasca stations. All facilities are remotely controlled and monitored from the command centre in Locarno. The concession runs until 2042.
Storage power plant
|Number of turbines:|
Luzzone: 1 Francis turbine / Olivone: 2 twin Pelton turbines / Biasca: 4 twin Pelton turbines
1959 / 1963
Average annual production: