Alpiq in: Europe

Energy with a future

Story: 11.07.2017

Alpiq recognised for customer relationship quality in France

Alpiq recognised for customer relationship quality in France

Alpiq has topped a league table of energy suppliers serving the large-scale consumer market in France. For the first time, the CLEEE and the FNCCR*, respectively an association of large-scale consumers and a grouping of public sector bodies, have carried out a satisfaction survey investigating the quality of the services offered by electricity and ...

Story: 03.07.2017

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s R20 alliance, Alpiq and BG Consulting Engineers: combined forces for sustainable energy projects

R20 Founding Chair, Arnold Schwarzenegger, standing with key staff from Alpiq and BG Ingénieurs Conseils.

Alpiq and the Swiss engineering consultancy BG Consulting Engineers recently signed a memorandum of understanding with Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ”R20 Regions of Climate Action” alliance. The three partners will jointly develop sustainable energy projects, primarily in developing and emerging countries.As a main pillar of economic progress, an ...

Media Release: 03.07.2017 07:00

Alpiq enters the power-to-gas business

Alpiq Logo Blau

Lausanne - Alpiq has acquired Diamond Lite S.A., the Swiss specialist for hydrogen gas production facilities. Alpiq is thus expanding its portfolio of services to include power-to-gas production facilities and will offer planning, turnkey construction and marketing of such solutions to European industrial customers. The acquisition follows Alpiq’s ...

Media Release: 27.06.2017 07:30

Alpiq inaugurates hydropower plant in the Swiss canton of Glarus

The Cotlan small-scale hydropower plant. Photo: August Berlinger

Lausanne – Alpiq has inaugurated the Cotlan hydropower plant in the Swiss canton of Glarus. With an installed capacity of 2.6 MW, the power plant will generate approximately 12 million kWh of electricity per year. Alpiq holds a 60 percent share in the power plant with the Spinnerei Linthal AG holding the remaining 40 percent.