GridSense – intelligent energy control
GridSense is the smart technology of the future. It controls electrical equipment such as heat pumps, boilers, electric car charging stations and batteries autonomously and in a decentralised way. This makes GridSense the ideal tool for energy control – and the intelligent Alpiq key technology for targeted turnaround in the energy sector.
GridSense uses artificial intelligence to gauge, learn and anticipate user behaviour. It uses this information to ensure optimised energy consumption within a building. With this Alpiq technology, a conventional house is transformed into an energy-efficient smart building. Through intelligent switching of loads, GridSense also contributes to the development of a smart grid, thus helping to level out grid load and thereby achieve goals for targeted turnaround in the energy sector.
Explanation of the GridSense technology
GridSense is equipped with a self-learning algorithm that controls building technology appliances as effectively as possible and constantly optimises the process. Using artificial intelligence, GridSense learns about the behaviour of power grids and users of the equipment. This means that GridSense appliances can take optimum action without external orders or additional information, thereby reducing electricity costs and grid loads.
Everyday applications of GridSense
The GridSense technology can be employed with a range of power-intensive building technology appliances – from boilers to charging stations and home batteries to heat pumps. GridSense always makes optimal use of all these types of equipment by actively communicating with the appliances and considering the comfort of the end client.
An overview of GridSense solutions
GridSense can be implemented as an inside solution or a plug-on solution.
- GridSense Inside: The intelligent algorithm is directly integrated into the respective appliance. Manufacturers of these appliances provide a wide range of options for integration – from hardware to embedded software integration. As the appliance comes factory-equipped with GridSense, the building owner is able to avoid the time-consuming installation process.
- GridSense Plug-On: For appliances that are already installed, a plug-on solution is also available. The plug-on box is installed between the appliance and the building’s power distribution, and communicates directly with the gateway. Simple and cost-effective installation is guaranteed.
The main benefits of GridSense
GridSense offers advantages for all those involved:
- Building owners: from cost optimisation to the increase in personal consumption and the achievement of up to 80% self-sufficiency, GridSense provides a comprehensive energy management system for building owners.
- Energy providers: GridSense is based on artificial intelligence; self-learning algorithms record data on the behaviour of power grids and users of the equipment, and employ this to facilitate new energy services.
- Distribution network operators: thanks to GridSense, power consumption, power generation and distribution grid loads can now operate in an evenly balanced way.
- Appliance manufacturers: GridSense offers significant added value for building technology appliances. Appliances using GridSense control energy in an optimal way as part of the entire system.
You can find further detailed information on GridSense intelligent energy control technology on the following website: